22.6.09

Nancy

Listening to: Dynamite, A'ST1
Random Thought of the Day: Reading good authors makes me want to write (:

I stood on that dusty stage and began
shakily: "My name is Nancy.
The second page of my baby book reads:
Then she smiled, that sweet, unblemished
angel of ours.
until Growth took hostage of my body
and introduced me to the
cat callers and wolf whistlers of the world,
until there was nothing left save
shreds of burned feathers, matted to
the twisted knobs of my broken back.
Angel no longer, sweet--"

The woman in the front row stands,
poised unsteadily in fur and hooker heels
Touching, she applauds slowly and
takes a drag on her cigarette
the smoke obscures a mottled face, she
looks at me, lowers one tattooed eyelid
a ghoulish wink.
" They called me Nancy once too."

2 comments:

Melinda said...

this gave me chills! i think that's a good thing!

stina said...

woah!
:X did u write that? sad poem X_X

Post a Comment

write here! :)