3.8.09

Needles

Listening to: Vis Major- Brightwood
Random Thought of the Day: Bleh... I'm so lazyyy

I realized today that the reason I'm scared of needles is probably because of a scene in Princess Pearl, which I saw when I was six, and has remained one of my strongest memories from my childhood.
In it, the princess was tortured by one of the Empress's serving ladies, because the Empress hated how the Emperor doted on the princess. The serving lady stuck hundreds of tiny little needles into the princess, because it is a form of torture that produces immense pain, but doesn't leave many traces. I read somewhere a while ago that this form of torture was actually pretty common in Imperial China. How scary.
So that scene scared me out of my six year old mind, and here I am, well over a decade later, still afraid of needles.

But that blood test I got on Saturday, surprisingly, didn't hurt at all. Yay for experienced nurses!

2 comments:

stina said...

I used to hate needles too! And i was terrified of shots. congrats on giving blood though! :)

Steven Nguyen said...

Wow. What a creepy movie to be watching at the age of 6 =/

Post a Comment

write here! :)