15.5.10

:]

Listening to: Random music being played at kerckhoff
Random Thought of the Day: just ordered a red-eye for the first time at Kerckhoff. omnomnom caffeine!

I keep thinking that it's been ages since I last posted, but in reality it's only been 10 days... Its been a crazy hectic week, what with practice, projects, and all sorts of requirements for upcoming inductions. In fact, in about 20 minutes, I'll be heading off to Royce to complete the "Attend one professional event" requirement for Tau Beta Pi. But despite being so mind-bogglingly busy, I think I enjoy the look of an agenda page packed with scrawls of to-dos and events. It gives me a sense of purpose. Although it's probably not the best way to find a 'calling,' so far I've felt like my year was pretty fulfilling, as far as extracurriculars go. Academics, not so much... but I'll not get into that.

Last night, I played speed uno with a bunch of my friends. It was pretty spontaneous, since I was supposed to be working on a CS project, but since I've never really hung out socially with this group of friends before, I went along just for the ride. Even though everyone was kind of coupled off and I was the seventh wheel (lollll) it was still uber fun! I'm once again feeling that sense of belonging and satisfaction that I haven't felt since... well... a while... at least, in such a large group. Having been a floater most of my life, not ever 'belonging' in a group has been a stigma for me as long as I can remember. But I think I've found a niche that I really feel comfortable in, with people I really identify with (maybe it's cuz 4 of us are CS majors LOL...) and enjoy being around.

With that said, I'm looking forward to the coming months. Finals is gonna be a bitch, as always, but I'm gonna prep early, and prep well, so I'll be prepared. I'll take a leaf out of Jessica's book and front load my work, so hopefully I wont have to end up pulling multiple all nighters again D: And then... it'll be FREEDOMM! I can't freaking WAIT. My warped tour ticket is pinned to my bulletin board, and I've got an egg of a helluva vacation plan, just waiting to hatch. I'M SO PUMPED!

Here's to good friends, good fun, and HELLA ANTICIPATION FOR SUMMERRRRRRR!!

2 comments:

te-lung david chen (dtc) said...

lol u found ur niche? sounds like u dont feel comfortable with us! whats ur vacation plan btw, cuz mine got trashed.

angie said...

no i definitely am comfortable with you guys! its just that i dont see you guys often enough haha =p that and i need a break from the sausagefesting every now and then ;]

dude i dont even know what mine are =__=; i think i'm going to canada.. in like.. august? but otherwise imma be at ucla taking session a and working D: what were your plans?

Post a Comment

write here! :)