19.8.10

Purge

Listening to: Just Like I Remember - Bleed the Dream
Random Thought of the Day: I finally realize why I am, much of the time, what people would call a 'people pleaser'..

I've been on a purging spree recently.
It started with the 'cleanse' (so far, not too hard to keep.. I nixed the 'no gluten' part, otherwise i'd be eating like.. nothing. but yeah.. NO THANKS TO ALL THOSE PEOPLE who keep waving stuff I can't eat in my face! >[ you know who you are.. :( )
Just now, I spent about 1.5 hours cleaning up my music library... so far i've deleted about 5 gigs of music... but I've still got lots to go!
I plan on doing the same with my clothes at some point. I realized... I  buy all this stuff that I either NEVER wear, or that I don maybe once or twice before tossing it into the back of my closet (i.e. the section of clothing that never sees the light of day). I'm probably going to donate it or something, just to rid myself of the clutter.
I did the same with my makeup a month or so ago, but that was more to make sure that I'm not using anything that's expired. However, I plan on kinda inventorying my stuff so I don't keep buying the same things.
Funnily enough, this is exactly what my mom keeps telling me, all the time: " you keep buying minutely different versions of the same thing! Why don't you check what you have before you buy more things?"
she is exactly right.

I've been finding out a lot in the last couple years that my parents are very very frequently right.
I guess it's true that you never see the wisdom in a parent's words until you're old enough to understand the rationale.

but anyways. now that i've wasted sufficient time cleaning, its time to get started on some microeconomics!

also, i just realized that i can't make private posts on blogger. thinking about migrating to wordpress..

1 comments:

jenn said...

yay wordpress! do it!
also, i want to see your clothes before you donate them please? okay.

Post a Comment

write here! :)