26.4.10

is this my fate?

Listening to: Nevershoutnever! Possibly my new favorite artist
Random Thought of the Day: I should probably be in my math class right now

I've always wondered... does fate exist?
this is a matter I contemplated last night,
as I painted adhesive on
many loose strings
how lives intertwine and paths collide
if a split second's difference can steel one's gut
or a casual conversation change your life

I never imagined I'd meet
one of my closest friends on a improbable whim

cultured by Disney,
I thought that in life:
if things are meant to be,
life will veer itself back on track
like atoms in a dual chamber capsule will
tend towards equilibrium.
and though for a while I was
disillusioned
lately, I think, I've been looking back
and discovering the truths of my past convictions

5 comments:

Ryo said...

lol fate.
thats something you can only conclude in retrospect.
and in retrospect, you can say almost anything you want.
whether things were meant to be
or not meant to be
i like to think of fate, as something more like an opinion

George said...

"atoms in a dual chamber capsule will tend towards equilibrium"

you are such a nerd

T.J. said...

it is your fate, not that i believe in fate, but yes, it is your fate to meet ME. muahahahhaa i'm so cool

T.J. said...

if you think about it we meet everyone we know (non-family) on an improbable whim

angie said...

true... although you could also say that we meet our family on an improbable whim as well =p

Post a Comment

write here! :)