11.3.10

coding

Listening to: So Sick - NEYO
Random Thought of the Day: necessity fulfilled? not quite... but still a weird obsession.

yesterday I wrote something pretty brilliant, but then Blogger erased it. I'll take that as a sign that my words were not meant to be written.

it's 4:46... I've been coding for the last 5 hours, and my brain is starting to fizzle. I'm only about 1/4 done but time relentlessly marches on, ever closer to the 9pm deadline I dread so fiercely. I've got homework left undone, the one problem menace that I beg the karma lords will be in my solutions manual. As the seconds tick by and I avoid thinking about trees and hash tables and post-process traversals, I realize I'm kinda hungry. Too bad it's 5 and the cafe's are closed, and the nearest vending machine is two buildings away. Food would mean being locked out; being locked out would mean no more coding. I suppose coding comes first, but my stomach growls.

something makes me wish you were here.
but you are not the you that you'd think I'm referring to.
Last night, I went on a midnight jaunt into blissful forgetfulness. Tonight that joy came from a few words between iterators and nodes. Despite knowing that it's been the wrong one all along, I'll forge forward into a path I know I'll regret. That's life, right? You make your mistakes.

My coffee sits cold and empty on blue painted wood. Next to it, a drained can of Monster.
I last ate five hours ago, last was fulfilled two hours ago, and now I'm starving in every sense of the word.
I suppose its back to the algorithms for me.

1 comments:

te-lung david chen (dtc) said...

lol, you need food! cant code on an empty stomach!

Post a Comment

write here! :)